Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Dr Brandt Flexitone BB Cream

So I'm continuing on my hunt for that perfect Do-everything Cream and as much as I loved my previous adventure (see my previous post), I tried something else this time: the much touted Dr.Brandt Flexitone BB Cream. The cream was recommended by beauty blogs and scored really high on peer reviews on seller sites and the allure was really just too irresistible for me. Besides, I'd been wanting to try a BB Cream but all the OG Korean ones were never "oil free" so I was scared.
So, I tried it.
I so wish I loved it but I really didn't.
First off, I was a little suspicious how this one tone would magically "blend" to match all shades and it really doesn't. What's interesting though is that it creates almost the same tann-ish tone that the Revision cream created. Perhaps all these all in one creams have a preset color. It's winter now and I've lost a lot of that sunny glow so this color tone was definitely too dark for my skin. Besides the color difference, it also left a sort of ashy tint on my face, like I was looking more sallow than usual. Not usually what I aim for when I use make-up on my face! I can do it on my own, thank you very much! :)

The cream is also a bit drying - and this is from someone who is always complaining about oily skin. It definitely isn't really doing it's "moisturizing" part as well as I had hoped.

I do love that it has sunscreen in it and it's SPF 30 which is great.

and so the search continues....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Followers